- All products are added to your cart.
The Nakiri knife is also very close to a Usuba knife which is also used as a vegetable slicer. However unlike the Usuba, the Nakiri is double beveled (sharpened on both sides). The Nakiri is therefore more popular for vegetable consumers especially in Europe and the Americas
Both the Nakiri and Usuba knives have been around a long time in Japan. Throughout the Edo era, from early 1600's to late 1860's it was illegal to consume a four legged animal. As a result the predominant diet was built around fish, rice and vegetables. Japanese people continue to eat more fish than Europeans or Americans and so the Nakiri knife remains one of the most popular knives in Japan.
The Nakiri knife has a deep belly on the knife with a predominantly straight edge crafted for chopping rather than rocking. The side on the knife looks a bit like a meat cleaver however the Nakiri is lighter and has a slimmer blade, allowing it to cut through onions, tomatoes, carrots and other vegetables quicker and safer.
The main difference when using a Nakiri knife as opposed to a Chef's knife or even a Santoku is that the Nakiri is built for chopping with an up and down motion.
- Signature craftsmanship. Meticulously crafted in the USA, each of our knives is finished to perfection using state of the art technology coupled with hand finishing as well as proprietary polishing and sharpening processes.
- Unmatched quality. Blades are forged from the finest high-carbon stainless steel from Solingen, Germany (Grade 4116). Incredibly strong G-10 handle.
- Durable design. Our blades are precision forged using the traditional hot-drop method, tempered to a perfect hardness of 58 on the Rockwell scale. This results in a hard, wickedly sharp blade that retains an edge for longer and is both highly corrosion resistant and elastic.
- Superior performance. Full tang blades with triple riveted handles ensure ideal balance and weight. A curved and recessed bolster provides a seamless transition from handle to blade, resulting in comfortable thumb and finger support for better control and safety.
- Lifetime Warranty. Every Lamson product comes with a Lifetime Warranty against manufacturing defects.
Blade Material : 4116 High-Carbon Stainless
Handle Material : G-10
Handle Color : Black
Blade Type : Flat Grind
Edge Type : Fine Edge
Rivet Type : Nickel Silver
Blade length (in.) : 6
Blade Width (in.) : 1
Overall Length (in.) : 10.5
Overall Width (in.) : 1.125
Overall Height (in.) : 0.5
Item Weight (lbs.) : 0.3
Country of Origin : USA
Warranty : LIFETIME