- All products are added to your cart.
- Helen's Asian Kitchen Bamboo Sushi Rolling Mat for making all types of sushi rolls at home
- Made from all-natural bamboo; fast-growing, fully sustainable alternative to traditional materials for a more sustainable living
- Hand roll homemade sushi easily; includes 7.25 x 5.25-inch Sushi Mat and 5.5-inch Rice Paddle
- Fun and easy to use; works nicely as an attractive bamboo placemat, too
- Lightweight, strong, less absorbent than wood; won't scratch surfaces; compact for storage; hand wash in warm water, without soap; air dry thoroughly
Helen's Asian Kitchen Sushi Mat (makisu) and Rice Paddle (shamoji) for successful sushi making experience. The Sushi Mat properly forms and shapes delicious hand roll sushi (makizushi) without tearing delicate seaweed (nori sheets). Makes a nice placemat, too. Sushi is a favorite finger food in Japan and popular world wide. Whether learning how to make sushi rolls or perfecting favorite sushi recipes, making sushi couldn't be easier. Simply place -sheet of nori, shiny side down on the mat. Add -cup sushi rice, spread with moistened Rice Paddle, leaving 1-inch uncovered. Add fillings to the center and roll mat toward uncovered edge. Gently squeeze to seal the roll, remove mat and slice roll into 6-equal pieces. Serve with soy sauce (shoyu), pickled ginger (gari) and Japanese horseradish (wasabi). Easily make hosomaki sushi rolls with a single ingredient, like tuna roll (tekka-maki), pickled daikon (oshinko) and cucumber roll (kappa-maki), futomaki sushi rolls with 4 to 5 ingredients, and uramaki (inside-out rolls), with rice on the outside. Made from all-natural bamboo, Helen Chen's Sushi Mat is lightweight, strong, less absorbent than wood, won't scratch surfaces. Although bamboo is technically a grass, its tensile strength is comparable to that of steel, making it extremely strong and durable. It regenerates through a vast root system without need of replanting and boasts a record-breaking growth rate that surpasses any other known plant. For these reasons, bamboo is considered among the world's greatest renewable resources and the alternative used over traditional materials for the sustainable design of eco-friendly products for more sustainable living. Hand wash in warm water with a gentle brush. Air dry thoroughly before storing. Do not use soap as it may leave a trace scent. Rolls for compact storage. Brought to you by HIC Harold Import Co. Includes 7.25 x 5.25-inch Sushi Rolling Mat and 5.5-inch Rice Paddle